Friday, July 23, 2010

Unicorns, tornados, floods, wisconson, lake michigan, Park City &Alaska

This last week Alex and I went to Milwaukee to visit my husbands brothers wife's sister Megan and her great husband Greg. (also known as Paul's brother.) It was an interesting trip. The first day we were there we were mostly waiting out some storms. When I say storms your probably thinking some rain what a bummer. NO! I'm talking some real live tornado's (not like the dinky one we had in Utah what 10yrs ago) and some massive flash flooding. It really was cool the pictures I took really don't give it any justice but they are still pretty cool. Take a look see. All the pics first are obviously some beginning storm, during, ends and next day. The little tunnel thing under the train tracks.... NEVER has water in it.


Megan was letting Alex watch the storm and all the lightning. He really seemed to like it!(or just standing at the window who knows)



just starting













completely beautiful as if it never happened. The very next day.

empty again.

So the best part about this storm is later that night when Megan's husband got home he stayed with the babies and Megan and I went out to just see how deep the water was and just see. (Lets be honest... if you know me you know i was totally going to go play in it) or at least I had intentions of it it was pretty gross. Anyway they live in a nice apartment complex that is gated and has a club house by the entrance gate and the sprinklers happened to be turned on. It just so happened that the water was really deep because it is right in front of the flooded tunnel thingy. We had been out there 5 min when a drunk guy walked up to a bunch of us standing there looking and was getting out out of control mad with us because someone needed to turn off the sprinklers so the stranded bus he was on could take him home........HE THOUGHT THE SPRINKLERS HAD FLOODED THE STREETS! how far gone do you have to be I wonder? It was pretty funny. I wish I had a pic of him and his hill billy teeth. But had we taken one he might have killed us. He was pretty upset.

GARGANTUA LAKE MICHIGAN
Such a beautiful day at Lake Michigan.


view of Milwaukee

Hanging out by the lake





Gregan, Hal, Al and Me.This pic makes me laugh Halee looks so cute and Alex so uncomfortable he was actually fine it was just the pic.

I swear I have like ten of this same pic. diff day. and I love it.

Aunt Megan making him giggle
the two peas


Aunt Dee making Halee giggle


this is what Bruce did all week. Play and play with his cousins in Park City, get three boxers together and what do you get? ONE TIRED JANA and he was exhausted! Thanks Jana!


And last but most defiantly not least this is what Paul did this week lucky guy! Fishing in Alaska.
That's him with his prize shark!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad somebody got those sprinklers shut off...your entire trip could have been ruined!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I want to just eat up Alex?? So adorable!! I can't believe all that water WOW! Looks like you've been having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That looks like a crazy storm!! Insane, how beautiful the next day was!! Alex is adorable Karadie!! He is getting so big!! Can't wait to finally meet him!!

    ReplyDelete